Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bandana Shop Bangalore

126) Dear Claude,

Thank you for your note.
You're right. The next exhibition of Francine Van Hove is near, since the opening is for Thursday, March 24, 2011 and can not understand why I am silent since November 19, 2010.
The truth is that I can add to what I already wrote about the artist and his work. Because I have written extensively, the evidence: the 125 posts of this blog, now 126.
course, I could show pictures of paintings that will be exhibited for the first time next March. There will be 17. But that would spoil the opening and serve both the Galerie Alain Blondel and the artist.
There is also that I am increasingly aware that the painting of Van Hove is one of those who ask what the watch in silence, as all you can write about them came out of the mundane chatter. Van Hove is one of the people who "paint without phrases" silent pictures.
"There's only r'garder.
Sh! Same thing with Renoir
Silence! We watch. Renoir
I mention because I'm re-reading what his son John (the director) wrote about him and his thoughts seem to me like a glove Van Hove.
I quote:
"... My models do not believe me, "said Renoir .
"He liked to talk to the models and they loved him speak. He wanted the conversation was banal. That's why he liked the songs Georgette Pigeot. He was keen to bring his subject to melt in a spirit of futility close to eternity. he wanted it relaxed frame of mind as much as body. Their gift of serenity is perhaps another reason for his pleasure in painting women and children. "The men are tense, they think too!" Deep concerns, dramatic, passionate, he believed, mark the face and body of the seal of the provisional. However, he said, applies only art the eternal. "
" he said about the state of grace from the contemplation of the most beautiful creation of God, the human body. " He added: "And for my personal taste, the female body!"
"He distrusted the imagination. He considered it a form of pride. "It takes quite a dose of vanity to believe that what comes from our brain alone is better than what we see around us. With imagination one does not go away while the world is so vast. We can walk a lifetime and we do not see the end. "


Apart from that, Dear Claude, Francine Van Hove is well and kiss you in thought while waiting to have the pleasure of see you rue Vieille du Temple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment